Healthy two-year-old bulldog scheduled to be euthanized after shelter offered no help or information

Spread the love
 
   
Get email updates when we post
Loading

Freddie is a healthy, two-year-old bulldog, and he is scheduled to be euthanized on February 1, 2022 at the Contra Costa County Animal Shelter in Martinez, California. The dog was surrendered to the shelter on January 21, 2022, and allegedly told the family they would try their best to find a rescue organization to take Freddie.

Instead, they immediately scheduled him for euthanasia and gave rescues no information about him.

Facebook

So let’s discuss Freddie; hopefully someone can help. His advocate describes him as a healthy, “drop dead gorgeous” dog. He is dog friendly, house trained, treat motivated, active, extremely entertaining and follows well on his leash. He knows his basic obedience commands, but of course he snores.

Freddie had been a much loved family pet, but began exhibiting some very concerning behaviors that they could not correct. The owners tried to hire a trainer, but were only wait listed. Then they tried to rehome him, but the only family who seemed to have been a fit, returned Freddie because they said he “scared them.”

When asked about the behaviors, the following responses were posted on social media:

“… his owner said 95% of the time he was wonderful. The other 5% of the time he would be triggered by something and cause minor skin breaks. This happened multiple times and the family tried, but were unable to correct it.

 …wish we knew what the triggers were a rescue would have to have a foster with no other pets or children to find out cautiously what those triggers are..

…behavior concerns… Sounds like he may have exhibited aggression or maybe resource guarding, it didn’t specify

Facebook

So feeling as if they had no more choices, Freddie was surrendered to the Contra Costa County Animal Shelter, who at the time did not tell the owners they would euthanize him after only a week. And now it is up to rescuers and animal advocates on social media to help Freddie.

In a recent update, Freddie’s future is already looking rosier. He has been tagged for rescue. Stand by – we will update as soon as we know for sure. Until then, please continue to share. This little guy deserves better.

Freddie is at the Contra Costa County Animal Shelter located at 4800 Imhoff in Martinez, CA. He is ONLY available to rescue groups. Please specify # A0973022.

Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook for the latest animal related news.

© Rescue Writers, 2016, All Rights Reserved

Own your own one-of-a-kind design! All sales help support the continuation of our site. Pick your favorite color and style at this link.

I like to be rubbed “here”!

It’s mine — no it’s mine!
2 replies
  1. Jan Barnes says:

    SUPER URGENT–PLEASE PLEASE–DONT LET THEM KILL DEAR SWEET FREDDY!
    HE IS JUST A BABY!

    PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED!

    WE CAN DONATE TO HELP!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.