Two-year-old Elliott had eaten a do-rag and a sock – both of which became stuck in his stomach. He survived surgery this past weekend after having been sick for nearly two weeks. His previous owner had decided to have his dog euthanized instead of the needed life saving surgery, however a veterinarian technician at the animal hospital reached out to ThisIsHouston for help.
Surgeons removed a large part of Elliott’s intestines, and he had been doing well including walking around the clinic and eating on his own. His prognosis looked promising, but just a day later his health began to decline.
He has no neutrophils and they think he’s septic right now. They’re giving him blood and additional albumin and believe he will need a second surgery. There is still fluid in his abdomen which likely means there is a leakage or that his intestines perforated.”