Dara is a nearly blind ten-year-old dog. The confused senior needs human kindness; her struggle as she tried to understand what had happened to her at a noisy shelter brought tears to the eyes of the shelter staff. Details of her arrival at the Inland Valley Humane Society in Pomona, California are at the best quite murky, but her immediate future lies in peril. There won’t be a list of potential adopters, and doesn’t she deserve better?
“Today Dara and I experienced what we probably both needed. Human kindness. One of the kennel attendants ‘Jacob’ went out of his way to help me get pictures and video of sweet Dara. He got choked up, which in Turn got me choked up. We both witnessed a senior dog so confused. A terrible, terrible sight. The unfamiliar sounds of an animal shelter, the cries of other dogs is enough to make any animal sad, but for a blind senior the sadness is unbearable,” wrote shelter volunteer Sal Valdepena.
Dara struggles to walk and needs to be examined by a veterinarian. She can barely stand for any length of time. Most likely this poor dog has been neglected and needs to know that humans can offer much more than pain. An adopter would be ideal; a foster home would work too.
Follow Dora’s Facebook page here. Share Dora’s plight with approved rescue organizations, friends, family and social media contacts. Sharing saves lives. For more information, contact the Inland Valley Humane Society and S.P.C.A. 909 623-9777 —
(Photos and video of Dara who deserves human kindness courtesy of Sal Valdepena)
Please SUBSCRIBE to receive more current, animal-related news.
Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you need to do more than “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your having your favorites among those to “see first.
Man arrested after going swimming, leaving dog to suffer in hot car – read more here.