Recently, a beautiful German shepherd named Max was given up by his family…his people cited “allergies” as the reason that they could no longer care for their companion. Tragically, more was behind the surrender.
Max was quiet and depressed when he first joined the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County – initially, rescuers believed that it was sadness which was impacting the dog who no longer had his family. But after three days of despondent behavior and no eating, Max was taken to a veterinarian.
An exam revealed that Max had a bowel obstruction…in addition to double ear infections. Suffice to say, Max was miserable. Max was scheduled for emergency surgery and during the procedure, a completely intact Beanie Baby was discovered.
Sadly, there would be no happily-ever-after for Max…after initially showing improvement, Max died. Maria Dales, Director of the rescue agency, shared the devastating news on Friday morning:
Max did not make it. He was improving, but this morning he expired at the vet despite our heroic efforts. This dog lost his life due to his owner’s severe neglect. We are all devastated. The vet suspects that the pancreas just failed completely. The intestines were so damaged from the blockage that he couldn’t pull through.
Rest in peace Max.
Find the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County at this link.
Find ALL recent Pet Rescue Report news at this link.
More news and updates at this link to National Animal News Facebook page – here.
Create your own tasty (and natural!) fruit snack – click here for the recipe.
This dog was stuck for hours before being found – find out where at this link to his story.
Where did this pit bull end up after being stolen from a shelter? Watch the video here.