A woman in Dayton, Ohio crawled back into her burning home on Tuesday to rescue her dog. Fire officials were dispatched to the 2100 block of Moreland Avenue where heavy smoke was coming out of the back bedroom of the home.
According to WhioNews, the Dayton Fire Battalion were able to get the fire under control in a short period of time. Initial reports indicated the woman who lived in the house and her dog had escaped, however the woman crawled back into the house on her hands and knees to save her dog. Reports indicate the dog was rescued, however no statements as to the dog’s health have been released.
The woman was taken to Miami Valley Hospital and is being treated for burns to her legs and smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started with an incense candle too close to curtains.
Fight animal abuse! Donate Now
I prefer dogs to people #dontjudge Pick your favorite color and style at this link! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!
Oh my goodness!
Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here.