Stoned raccoon taken to firefighters

Woman seeks help from firefighters for her stoned raccoon

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

Firefighters are the public’s go-to rescuers, no matter what the situation. A woman in Indianapolis turned to the firefighters at Wayne Township’s Station 82 after her pet raccoon ingested marijuana and got “stoned.”

The fire department Tweeted about the rather bizarre request for help:

Story of the day! Our FF’s at Station 82 were awakened at 2 am last week to a person seeking treatment for her pet Raccoon. What was his illness you ask? The raccoon had smoked too much weed. Yes! It happened!

As good as firefighters are at solving problems, there wasn’t much that they could do for the poor animal, aside from letting him sleep it off. The department Tweeted, “As much as we love animals, there wasn’t much they could do.”

The department is hopeful that the raccoon made a full recovery after a good rest.

(Image via Pixabay and Twitter)

More news and updates at the National Animal News Facebook page.

Homeopath treated a “misbehaving” child with rabid dog saliva! Read the story here.

This sweet kitty missed his family after they gave him away, so he walked 12 miles back to them, only to be rejected again – read the outcome here.


Story idea? Please email for consideration

Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you have to do more than just “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your favorites among those to “see first.”


3 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *