Tiny Yorkie almost died after eating hot dogs stuffed with nails

In Lake Delton, Wisconsin, a three-year-old Yorkshire terrier nearly died after eating hot dog pieces stuffed with nails outside of the family’s apartment complex. According to WkowNews, the hot dogs were scattered going up a stairwell and while out for her walk, the pooch named Clarice snatched them up and ate some.

Clarice’s owner, Tom Deakin, thought it was rather strange to see the pieces of meat strewn around the area, and said in the back of his mind he thought someone may have been trying to poison the dogs. It didn’t take long before Deakin had to rush his dog to an emergency veterinarian. There, Dr. Sam Steinich found six nails in her stomach and colon.

Clarice had emergency surgery to save her life which lasted more than two hours. She is now recovering and will remain on a soft food diet until she heals. The apartment complex has issued a warning to all pet owners about the disturbing incident. Lake Delton police have not commented about the situation, although they do have a person of interest who is scheduled to be interviewed.

(Photos of Yorkie found eating hot dogs stuffed with nails via screenshot WkowNews)

Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook.


Read about the owner in tears as he surrenders his 15-year-old dog.

 

 

13 replies
  1. maxiemom. says:

    One can only hope that in this day and age the apartment complex has cameras, and that they recorded this fiend attempting to murder the family members of his neighbors. I hope the punishment this filth get is exactly what he deserves. Get well soon, Clarice.

    Reply
  2. pennysdachshund says:

    Thankfully the owner got his little girl to the VET and He saved her life…. as for the person that did this He/She is a Demon !!! I am glad the authorities and the complex management got on top this issue before more animals were injured!! or Worse died a horrific death….

    Reply
  3. Nora says:

    Wth is wrong with people when it comes to animal cruelty and child abuse….it’s insane, justice has to change and hit hard on these sick bastards.

    Reply
  4. Nancy Raymond says:

    The pet owners in this complex should unite and request that surveillance cameras be installed inside/outside as this will happen again since the maggot who did this was not caught. I hope this little dog fully recovers and something is done to prevent this ahole from returning.

    Reply
  5. Cynthia Como says:

    There are some sickos lurking about in that neighborhood! I sure hope no other dogs came across the hotdogs and ate them!

    Reply
  6. Katherine says:

    I find out who did this n let then eat the hot dogs themselves…I can’t believe how cruel people are….We need to be their Voice, all these lil ones want is to love you n rotten evil people just get away with hurting n beating them…

    Reply
  7. Darla says:

    Wasn’t there another incidence of this type in the same area a few months (maybe a year) ago? I remember it because I’ve visited the Lake Delton area many, many times.

    Reply
  8. Elaine says:

    People are just fucking cruel monsters…no heart and no sole…pure evil. They deserve to raught in hell after suffering a slow excruciating death.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *