Monsters placed firecracker into mouth of poor dog

In the southern part of Greece, in the area of Santova Avias in Kalamata, a dog had to be humanely euthanized after he was found by two local residents bleeding and in agony  lying along the side of of a rural road.  Unidentified monsters are believed to have placed a firecracker in the dog’s mouth and kept his mouth closed until it exploded.

According to the Facebook page of Elli Psarrou, the abuse occurred on Thursday, and the culprits ran away, but left the dog bleeding from his face with a broken jaw. Animal advocates rushed the dog to the Animal Society of Kalamata where veterinarians recommended the dog be put to sleep due to his extensive injuries.

In a blog post by Keep Talking Greece, it is suspected two people were involved in the egregious act of animal cruelty. A reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thugs. The photo of the dog has since gone viral and has triggered outrage on Greek social media websites as thousands of readers and animal advocates demand justice for this innocent dog.

(Photo of dog injured by firecracker via Elli Psarrou FB)

 

nbox, τηλέφωνο, όπως γουστάρετε.
ΟΝΌΜΑΤΑ, οχι ψιλοκουβεντουλα.
Santoba Abias Kalámata.
Beach.
No police. Phone
Please personally, share.
They must be found.
6907082760
Last. He died. Photo before the end. They didn’t make it.
They put firecrackers in his mouth and hung up on him.

Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you need to do more than “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your having your favorites among those to “see first.

Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook.

Animal lovers outraged over hunter’s photos of slaughtered wolves – read more here.


Teen accused of biting off the head of a live chicken – read the story here.

Teen accused of biting off chicken head

Family dog dies after smashing doggy door in fright from illegal fireworks

A family is mourning the death of their beloved seven-year-old dog who smashed through a doggy-door in pure fright and impaled himself on a backyard fence in Melbourne, Victoria Australia after a neighbor set off illegal fireworks. Max, a Labradoodle, had been safely contained in the home’s laundry room with his dog pal Kinta, when a family member went out to dinner on New Year’s Eve.

According to the Herald Sun, the dogs had only been alone for less than two-and-half-hours, when the family arrived home to find the doggy door smashed and Max missing. Tragically, the dog was found impaled on the fence in the backyard. As Max tried to jump over the fence, his left leg caught in the fence and when found he was just hanging there – not making a sound.

Neighbors broke the fence to free Max, who was in a state of shock, and rushed him to an emergency veterinarian hospital where his injuries were deemed too severe to survive. Max was humanely euthanized:

“Our family has had dogs all our lives and know that they are up at times,” stated family member Gabriella Lysy, who had along with her brother watching Max for their parents while on vacation. “Samuel knew to give the dogs sedatives; he provided them with a safe environment in the laundry with no access to the outside. Max had another dog to keep him company, there was a TV in the background, and plenty of food, water, treats and toys to keep him occupied. My brother did everything right.”

It is a natural instinct for dogs to be afraid of loud noises. The sound of firework can trigger their nervous systems prompting some dogs to flee. Dogs look to us for reassurance, and experts offer advice to help dogs handle these situations. 

(Max dies after running from fireworks family photo.)

Rest in peace Max.