Facebook post about dog death

Facebook user posts important message to the public after dog’s unexpected death

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Get email updates when we post
Loading

An Alabama woman went to social media to alert the public about the unexpected, and heartbreaking, death of a young dog. On March 13, Facebook user Michaelene shared a tragic story about a Great Dane named Isabella who died unexpectedly – the goal of the post is to alert others about the dangers of rope toys.

Facebook user warns about danger of dog toy

Stock image of a rope toy

Michaelene wrote:

It is with such great Sadness that I post this. But Laurie Stewart and I think others need to be aware of this. I have now thrown out all rope toys that the bigger dogs play with. Isabella was rushed to the vet yesterday when she was not acting right, and X-rays showed something but they did not know what.

Explaining what was found when the 14-month-old Dane was put under for surgery:

(They found) Rope toy piece sawed through the intestine by the pancreas And The duodenum was ruptured in too many places.They said she must have swallowed a piece and it made it most the way and started drawing through. Said it had been there for a few weeks probably before she showed any signs.

Michaelene concluded:

“Prayers go out to Laurie for her loss of her beautiful baby. 😭Your welcome to share as this may save another babies life.”

Knowledge is power – please be aware of the danger of these toys.

(Image via Facebook and stock image of rope toy via Pixabay)

More news and updates at the National Animal News Facebook page

More: Video appears to show horrible treatment of dog on a movie set


Story idea? Please email Eims1@live.com for consideration

Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you have to do more than just “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your favorites among those to “see first.”

8 replies
  1. Barkley's Mom says:

    Any toy can be a danger, dogs play with tennis balls and how many have we seen choke on them. They can break and swallow any toy and it can be fatal. I got knuckle bones for my German Shepherds and I had to take it away from my female because she broke it into jagged pieces and I was afraid she would swallow them. My heart goes out to Laurie in her loss of her precious Isabella, may happy memories help ease the heartbreak. Such a tragic accident.

    Reply
  2. Nancy Raymond says:

    Thanks for this warning – there are many so called ‘animal toys’ that are extremely dangerous – please be aware of what you give your animal to play with and/or chew on.

    Reply
  3. Red says:

    RIP sweet puppy….. and prayers to this beautiful babies family. Seems like there are just no toys that are 100% safe, who would have every thought a rope toy to be dangerous. Thank you for your message Michaelene.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *