Hugging dog homeless after fire

Hugging dog left homeless after fire

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

A dog, known best for her endearing hugs, has been left homeless after a fire destroyed her owner’s apartment in Chelsea, New York. The golden retriever, Louboutina, was out with her owner on Christmas day when the fire swept through the apartment. A fundraiser, established to help the “hugging dog’s” owner get back on his feet, explained:

Shortly after Cesar and Louboutina went for a walk on Christmas afternoon, their neighbor’s apartment caught on fire and completely engulfed their apartment in flames.

According to the New York Post, an unattended candle at a neighbor’s apartment was behind the devastating Christmas Day blaze. On the hugging dog’s popular Instagram account (louboutinanyc), owner Cesar Fernandez-Chavez wrote:

We lost everything today but we are safe. We will always try to bring a smile to our page, but this time we need your hugs and prayers. Thank you! Cesar & Loubie

Donations for Loubie and Cesar have been pouring in – just one day after the blaze, over $40,000 in donations had been made. Click here to find the fundraiser. Find Loubie’s popular Instagram account here.

More news and updates on the National Animal News Facebook page

Interested in following only heartwarming stories? Please follow the Positive Pet Rescue Report Facebook page
Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you have to do more than just “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your favorites among those to “see first.”



4 replies
  1. linda says:

    Shame on the neighbor’s ignorance and carelessness and as a result they caused everyone to be without a roof over their heads. POS’s neighbors!!!!!!! I always have a fear of my neighbors causing a fire which did occur a year ago..I was home and smelled smoke. I heard her running down the stairs and looked out my window she threw a burning trash barrel to throw out the back door. Not a smart move!


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *