An emaciated dog was seized by the authorities in Liberty Borough, Pennsylvania, after being found by good Samaritans on Saturday night. According to CBS Pittsburgh, the skeletal Labrador retriever, who is reported to be 17 years of age, wandered into the yard of a family who was enjoying a fire on Saturday evening.
The dog, named “Bo,” sparked outrage in the Lewis family. Neighbor John Lewis told CBS:
This thing was emaciated like I’ve never seen it before, we felt so bad for him. My son was hand-feeding the guy in rage. The claws on his paws were never cut. It just looked a wild animal, but emaciated like you would not believe.”
Animal control seized Bo and he is receiving veterinary care, but it is unknown if he will survive. Lt. Raymond Johnson with Liberty Borough Police described Bo’s dismal condition, “The dog is full of fleas, and has Lyme Disease. On a scale of 1 to 10, the dog is at a 1 with being starved to death.”
Bo’s owner, 56-year-old David Basa is facing multiple charges for the dog’s condition. Who Rescued Who Humane Society is collecting donations to help with Bo’s veterinary care.
Please subscribe (with your email address) to receive all of the latest animal-related news.
More news and updates at this link to National Animal News Facebook page – here.
Read about the terrified dog that accidentally died while trying to escape fireworks. Please be careful with your pets this holiday weekend.
Read about some helpful hints to keep your dogs safe during fireworks! Click here.
Terrifying incident prompts warning about dogs and their collars – read more here.