14-year-old dog surrendered

14-year-old dog confused after family surrendered due to ‘personal problems’

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrEmail this to someoneShare on Reddit

A 14-year-old dog, named “Lucky,” is sad and confused after being surrendered to a busy open-intake animal control agency in Gardena, California. Lucky is not so lucky after losing her home and family – all that she once knew is gone and she is alone and in danger of losing her life.

Lucky’s family opted to leave their pet at the Carson Animal Services facility for “personal reasons.” Exactly what those reasons are is unknown – what is a known is that Lucky needs some help to find somewhere safe to go.

The volunteer-run Facebook page, Saving Carson Shelter Dogs, wrote:

#A1417463 My name is LUCKY and I’m an approximately 14 year old female Chow. I am already spayed. I have been at the Carson Animal Care Center since 5/13. I will be available on 5/13. You can visit me at my temporary home at C410. My former family who owned me for had to give me up because they had personal problems.

The animal control agency is full – Lucky needs to leave as soon as possible. INTERESTED IN FOSTERING? If you are in LA, OC, SB, or Riverside County and can foster this dog, please take a moment to email CarsonfosterS@gmail.com ASAP to request an application.

Petharbor link here. Los Angeles County Animal Control – Carson at (310) 523-9566/Ask for information about animal ID number A1417463

Please SUBSCRIBE to receive more current animal-related news and rescue stories.

Find more animal-related stories at this link to the National Animal News Facebook page.

Mutilated puppy dumped in park – read the story here.

Puppy mutilated and dumped in park

19 replies
  1. Darla says:

She’s beautiful. I can’t begin to imagine what’s going through her mind. I know what’s going through MY mind – that her POS owners rot in Hell. I don’t give a crap about their “personal reasons” – a dog is a responsibility for his/her entire LIFE.

2. Barkley's Mom says:

I don’t know what their “personal” problems were or care! I have no use for people that dump their 14 year old dog at a kill shelter, just to be rid of it! Praying that Lucky finds her way into a family that deserves her love and devotion!

3. Tracy Whitcomb says:

Poor baby. I hope those rotten ass family members rot in Hell with their so called personal reasons. ASSHOLES!!!!

4. Cynthia Como says:

On and on it goes! So so cruel,I feel people who can do this do NOT love their pet!!! NO WAY!!!! There is NOTHING,NOTHING that could go wrong in my life that would make me resort to this!! OMG! I hope someone can save this beautiful dog! Breaks my heart and shreads my soul! Praying very hard for Lucky! OMG!!!

5. linda says:

I can’t imagine what personal reasons they have to bring such a beautiful dog to a kill shelter. Shared.

6. LESLIE says:

Please try frosted faces, the grey muzzle organization, and a Facebook page called suzies senior dogs.
    I dont have fb ..probably the only one on the planet.
    If i had more space (and an abundance of emergency money) id take all seniors they are a riot…take a chance …they are such wonderful little beings.

7. Joyce Dutrisac says:

The poor angel is so confused and terrified
    Fucken garbage POS family to give up a 14 yr old dog
    Your disgusting

8. Sheri says:

I’m sorry but its totally beyond my comprehension how anyone could give up a dog who has been a loyal part of the family for
    14 years. Have these people no heart or feelings at all??? WTF ARE THEY THINKING WILL HAPPEN TO !$ YEAR OLD DOG IN A HIGH KILL SHELTER?????? KARMA TO YOU PAST OWNERS!!!

9. Nancy Raymond says:

Senior dogs make great companions – those former so called ‘owners’ and their ‘personal problems’ have NOTHING to do w/Lucky – they are nothing more than irresponsible, cruel and inhumane – everyone has personal problems – this was just a piss poor excuse. PLEASE some kindhearted person adopt Lucky – you will never regret it.

10. Marina says:

So sad as someone who just lost my sixteen year old dog I couldn’t imagine just dumping her at a shelter and walking away. They are yours for life.

11. Alan says:

What a frightened anxious doggie, poor thing, You just want to reach out and reassure her that everything will be allright. Bless her.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!