Two dogs died from heat stroke inside of a parked car while their owner attended a class about becoming a professional dog trainer. According to multiple sources, the woman was attending the Tom Rose School for Professional Dog Trainers, in High Ridge, MO, when her dogs died from excessive heat inside of the car they had been left in.
KMOX News reports that the woman had left her vehicle running, with the air-conditioning on, but the car shut off, possibly because it ran out of gas. The incident, described as a terrible accident, happened on Wednesday afternoon when the temperature climbed to 90+ degrees. The dogs, a German shepherd and a retriever, were dead by the time the woman returned to her vehicle.
Tom Rose of the Tom Rose School, said:
It was just a terrible accident. The owner of the dogs was incoherent. It’s a horrible thing, and she was so upset.”
The police were apparently not notified because the situation was considered to be accidental.
(Image via Pixabay)
Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for more news, updates and petitions.
Pick your favorite color and style at this link! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Purchase your one-of-a-kind mug at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
Stay safe and sane, at home with your dog! Design reads, “Safe at home with my dog #pandemic 2020” Click here to find your favorite style and color. Find more unique designs, colors and styles at this link to our store! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
Love is the cure.
All sales help support the continuation of our site and spread a message of kindness. Find more designs, colors and styles at this link to our store!