Texas pooch swallows fork after eating a piece of pumpkin pie

In Cleveland, Texas, a dog offered a piece of pumpkin pie from her owner’s fork not only ate the pie but swallowed the fork too. Carli Ott said she had been feeding her four-year-old Italian Bullmastiff Boxer, named Chemo, the treat, when the overly enthusiastic dog swallowed the utensil.

According to Ott, she reached her hand into the dog’s mouth, but it was already too late. And so, on his way he went to Big Thicket Veterinary Clinic. Sure enough, the x-ray showed the fork. Emergency surgery was performed to extract the fork, and for a few days Chemo recuperated at the veterinary hospital to be monitored for any infections.

Chemo was named by Carli – the dog comforted her mother before she died of cancer.

And as a precautionary tale – no utensils should be used when feeding your dog any snacks.

Chemo is home and is expected to make a full recovery.

Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook for the latest animal related news.

You know it’s true!!

I prefer dogs to people – pick your favorite color and style here!

 


 

Fight animal abuse! Donate Now


Love is the cure! Pick your favorite color and design here. 

Your purchase helps support the continuation of this site. Thank you! Find more styles at our store here.

My heart!

There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Share this important message with others – choose your favorite color and style at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!

 



Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here. 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *