A San Francisco Bay Craigslist ad has gone viral – the crazy, rambling ad, “Personal Assistant MUST LOVE DOGS – PT/FT, $15 – 35/hr (SOMA / south beach)” has gained so much attention that it’s lighting up Twitter and taking on a life of its own.
The ad starts off by simply asking for a personal assistant for two busy 40-something executives living in the city with their dog. It then continues into a rambling dialogue about the couple’s crazy, overwhelming life.
We’re resorting to unhealthy take-out and processed foods — anything we can grab and munch on in-between working on our computers, we aren’t getting enough sleep (8 hrs/night is a must but rarely achieved), that very cute dog I mentioned doesn’t have someone to play with daily, personal social media accounts are neglected, I buy fresh flowers but don’t have time to trim daily and change the water, indoor plants are dying.
Not only is Twitter going nuts for the run-on ad, but the people who posted it are apparently being inundated with inquiries as well. The updated ad states:
*WE’RE RECEIVING A LOT OF INTEREST. PLS MAKE SURE TO SEND A VIDEO!*
*UPDATE: DUE TO HIGH DEMAND WE’RE OFFERING $15-35/HR (VS. THE FORMER $25-30/HR).*
*UPDATE: WE’VE RECEIVED A LOT OF CURIOSITY ABOUT WHAT WE DO FOR A LIVING. WE’RE IN BIOTECH. TO PUT IT SIMPLY, WE DESIGN DRUGS THAT ENCOURAGE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM TO ATTACK TUMORS.*
Before you rush to apply – take a peek at the typical schedule:
Mon – Fri
– 10am – 11am = dog time (feeding, brushing, walking, washing, play with, teach tricks, take photos)
– 11am – 12pm = cleaning home (dishes, laundry, vacuum, dusting, wiping down countertops, clean up rare dog accident, etc.)
– 12pm – 1pm = improving look, ambiance & functionality of home (reorganizing cabinets, refreshing flowers, etc.)
– 1pm – 3pm = run errands (dry cleaning, tailor, groceries, clothes shopping, dog store, picking up Rx, stop by the office, etc.)
– 3 pm – 6 pm = on your computer/phone (investment research, post on our social media for us, planning a trip, ordering things online, scheduling an appointment, organizing receipts & other bookkeeping, taking notes while listening in on a meeting or call, cooking us dinner, food prep for the dog, book us dinner reservations or schedule our “date nights”, etc.)
Sat or Sun
– Take the dog for a long walk or romp at the park before dropping him off at the dog groomer for a wash and blow out
– Sometimes you may need to help us with something over the weekend
You can take a gander at the full ad at this link.
(Image via Pixabay)
More news and updates at this link to the National Animal News Facebook page.
Story idea? Please email me at Eims1@live.com for consideration – thank you!
A woman’s door was left ajar during a storm – look who she found inside!
Special funeral held for a famous diving dog – read more here.