A family dog in Imperial Beach, California, nearly died when someone threw deadly drugs into a fenced yard. According to ABC News 10, Janelle Wooster’s one-year-old dog, “Rivers,” was pacing and shaking his head uncontrollably on Monday when she came home from work.
Wooster’s rushed her pup to a veterinarian and an exam revealed that Rivers had ingested meth – if Rivers had not been brought to the veterinarian in time, he would have died. A fundraiser has been set up to help cover Rivers’ mounting veterinary bills.
The GoFundMe account describes the financial burden this act of cruelty has created:
Our puppy was poisoned while playing in the backyard after someone threw drugs over the fence and he got into it. As a result, the vet bills have been piling up and we have hit a standstill right now. He still needs a few more tests and a few check ups until he is fully back to normal. We have maxed out our credit cards and any credit lines that we have been approved for but we are doing what we need to do to get him back to his playful, loving self.
According to ABC News 10, there is a growing drug problem in the area and neighbors are feeling the effects – including trash, bottles and drug paraphernalia being tossed into their yards.
Please SUBSCRIBE to receive more current animal-related news and rescue stories.
Find more animal-related stories at this link to the National Animal News Facebook page.
At 16-years of age, elderly dog finds herself in need of a loving forever home – read more here.