An adorable cockapoo puppy named Mabel had to be rushed to the family’s veterinarian over the weekend for life-saving treatment after she ate homemade, uncooked pizza dough which continued to rise in her stomach.
According to the Mirror, the puppy’s owners Lucy Trewinnard and her wife Claire, were preparing to use their outdoor pizza oven for the first time. Seven-month-old Mabel snatched the dough during a birthday party, and as soon as they realized what the mischievous pooch had done, rushed her to the vet where doctors induced vomiting to get rid of the food.
“It was undoubtedly the most expensive pizza we’ve ever had, but the main thing was making sure that Mabel was safe,” Lucy said.
Consuming unbaked bread dough can result in a bloated belly – in some cases it can result in a fatal twisting of the stomach. Also, the alcohol from the fermenting yeast can be absorbed in the bloodstream causing dangerous drops in blood pressure, body temperature and possibly seizures.
Yeast is a living organism and continues to expand; even small amounts swallowed by a pet can be dangerous.
Fortunately by the next day, Mabel was feeling just like a normal puppy – playing, running and maybe looking for more mischief? The couple has spoken out to warn other pet owners of the danger since pizza ovens have become so popular.
(Photos via screenshots Mirror)
Live, Love, Rescue! Share the message with our unique design. Pick your favorite color and style at this link.
“I have paw prints on my heart” Pick your favorite color and style of this original design here!
Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
Own your own one-of-a-kind design! All sales help support the continuation of our site. Pick your favorite color and style at this link.
Karma is a b*tch. Choose kindness! Our unique design spreads an important message! Choose your favorite color and style at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
Such a clever parrot!
Thank you for saving my life.