A Labrador retriever mix died in the backseat of a vehicle while his owner slept in an East Haven, Connecticut, motel room. The deceased dog was one of two dogs inside of a car that was parked outside of the Quality Inn on East Frontage Road, reports WFSB News.
The dogs’ owner, identified as 71-year-old Raymond Atwood, told the authorities that he was moving from Florida to New Hampshire and the dogs were inside of the parked car during the night. The surviving dog was taken to a veterinarian for an exam, and is expected to be okay.
Atwood surrendered custody of the surviving dog; he is now facing a charge of animal cruelty.
This is a sad reminder that if it is too hot for a person to be inside of a car, it is also too hot for a dog. Do not leave dogs unattended inside of parked vehicles in even moderately warm weather.
(Stock image of a Labrador retriever via Pixabay free images- not the dog that died)
Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for more news, updates and petitions.
Karma is a B*tch – Choose Kindness!
Own your own one-of-a-kind design! All sales help support the continuation of our site. Pick your favorite color and style at this link.
Find other unique designs at this link.