Dog hailed a hero for saving family from carbon monoxide poisoning

Spread the love
 
   
Get email updates when we post
Loading

An unassuming husky mix named Roxy is being hailed a hero by her Ankeny, Iowa, family. On Monday, Roxy roused her slumbering family to alert them to a silent, but deadly danger inside of the home reports WOWKTV News.

Brad Harbert, the intuitive dog’s owner, explains to the news agency:

“I could tell something was up with Roxy. She just was jumping off my bed, jumping back up on the bed. When I started to come to, I was hearing an alarm, and it wasn’t the smoke alarm.”

Harbert figured out that the chirping alarm was a carbon monoxide detector alerting the family that there was active carbon monoxide in the house. Thanks to Roxy’s help, and the operational detector, the entire family was able to escape from the home.

Harbert called the Ankeny Fire Department and later learned that it was his gas/electric fireplace leaking the deadly gas.

Harbert is grateful to his dog, and the carbon monoxide detector. He hopes that others will keep their families safe by keeping a working detector in the home, and keeping their fireplaces serviced on a regular basis.

Good job Roxy!

Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for more news, updates, and petitions.

My therapist has 4-paws and a tail! Pick your favorite color and style at this link.

My dog is #Essential! Pick your favorite style and color at this link.

© Rescue Writers, 2016, All Rights Reserved

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *