Update: It has been confirmed that the dog, named Riley, died after ingesting meth. Her family is devastated by the loss. Rest in peace Riley.
A dog is not expected to survive after ingesting drugs that were inside of a Subway sandwich bag. The Chisago County Sheriff’s Office recounted the tragic incident in a Facebook post on Thursday, writing:
Reason # 739 as to why drugs are bad and why we hate meth.
A family saw that their dog was acting strange and sick. They wondered if he had gotten into something outside. They went outside and found this. ⬇️
The dog had come across a Subway bag filled with over 80 grams of meth, needles and a meth pipe in a ditch.
It was the enticing crumbs still inside of the bag which led the dog to ingest the meth, which caused the dog to become “dangerously sick.” According to the authorities, the veterinarian does not expect the dog to survive.
The dog found the bag of meth dumped in a ditch – its estimated worth is nearly $8000. The sheriff’s office left a final word, writing:
What a poison and scourge to our society this stuff is.
(Image via Chisago County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page)
Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for more news, updates and petitions.
You know it’s true!!
I prefer dogs to people – pick your favorite color and style here!
Your purchase helps support the continuation of this site. Thank you! Find more styles at our store here.
There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Share this important message with others – choose your favorite color and style at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!
Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here.