Cat electrocuted from chewing on Christmas lights

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Get email updates when we post

Cats are known for their curious nature, and at Christmas time, the stories about them getting into decorated trees abound. But one young cat’s curiosity nearly resulted in death at a home in Moorhead, Minnesota. Holly Cousins tells Valley News Live that her cat was electrocuted after chewing on Christmas lights.

Cousins said,

“We saw a big spark, and our cat run into the bedroom.”

The electrical shock destroyed the year-old cat’s ears. Not only was the cat, Honey, left with painful injuries, but her owners encountered high veterinary bills to save her life. With the help of a GoFundMe, enough funds were raised to get Honey the help that she needed.

Cousins hopes that her cat’s terrible experience will serve as a reminder to others. She said:

Just try to keep your cats out of your tree, maybe turn them; some off every once in a while when you’re around it. Make sure they’re not chewing on any wires.

Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for more news, updates and petitions.


Find JOY in the little things! Puppy paws, wet noses, wagging tails, snuggles and more. Choose your favorite color and style at this link.

More styles, and inspirational designs at our store – please click here to find them all! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!

 


In a world where you can be anything, be kind. 

Own your own one-of-a-kind design! All sales help support the continuation of our site. Pick your favorite color and style at this link.

 


 

I love paws! Please pick your favorite color and style at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!

 


The cutest friends you’ll ever see!

 

 


Is your tree safe?!


Karma is a b*tch. Choose kindness! Our unique design spreads an important message! Choose your favorite color and style at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!


That face!!

 


 

Fight animal abuse! Donate Now


There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Purchase your one-of-a-kind mug at this link. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. Thank you!

1 reply

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. […] Cat electrocuted from chewing on Christmas lights […]

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *