Woman’s beloved dog ‘scared to death’ from fireworks

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

The owner of a small dog is heartbroken after her loyal little pal died after fireworks started going off on November 5 to celebrate Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes’ Night. The event’s origin originates from the 1605 plan to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

The nine-year-old dog, named Princess Patchi had been scared as the fireworks commenced, but as the loud noises continued for the next two days, the dog became more and more agitated. According to the dog’s owner, Michelle Louise Clark, her dog died as the result of  a heart attack and kidney failure just two days later.

“This is my girl Princess Patchi (see comments or my page) who died on Friday after a heart attack and kidney failure brought on by fireworks. She had survived an explosion in a house fire four yrs before. She had ptsd. I lost my support dog, my best friend and who I considered my baby girl, my fluffy daughter of 9 years.”

Princess Patchi had been Michelle’s support dog – saving her from suicide brought on by her bipolar disorder and brought joy to children as well as the elderly.

Clark is now calling for tighter restrictions on fireworks.

Read another dog who died after fireworks here.

Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook for latest animal related news.

Fight animal abuse! Donate Now

Love is the cure! Pick your favorite color and design here. 

Your purchase helps support the continuation of this site. Thank you! Find more styles at our store here.

There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Click here to pick your favorite style and color of this unique design. Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!


Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here. 


3 replies
  1. Barkley's Mom says:

    My sincere condolences to Michelle Louise Clark for her heartbreaking loss of Princess Patchi. Fireworks should be limited to public displays. Nobody’s pet should suffer like this, as well as the people affected by this irresponsible lack of consideration for their neighbors. It’s one thing to celebrate for one day but for two days after, totally unnecessary.

    • Bunny Peters says:

      My thoughts exactly.

      We either board our furbabies with the vet or medicate them whilst we are at the stables with our horses during the 4th of July fireworks.

      The public displays are one thing. It’s the “illegal” use of fireworks by private people that causes the most problems……

      Precious little treasure, please look for MacKitty in Heaven and join his wonderful snuggle buddies group and RIP amongst loving friends.


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *