There’s no denying that fireworks are extraordinarily loud and undeniably frightening for most animals. Terror from the loud booms is believed to be the reason that a puppy near south Yorkshire died, reports Metro U.K.
The heartbreaking death was brought to light by the owner of the 18-week-old puppy, whose name was Molly. In a Facebook post, Molly’s owner, Susan Paterson, explains:
‘Due to the enormous amount of fireworks with loud bangs going off around Wombwell and lower Darfield last night, we lost a young terrier with a heart attack.’
‘Please think of the animals. Molly was only 18 weeks old and died of FRIGHT caused by fireworks.’
Sadly, Molly’s death is not the first death attributed to fireworks. Earlier this year, a farmer in Georgia reported that his donkey died after being scared, literally to death, by Fourth of July fireworks, and in Ohio, a couple’s dog collapsed and died during a fireworks show at a baseball event.
Some people, concerned for the undo distress that fireworks cause in animals, have called for an end to fireworks displays.
(Screenshot of Molly via Metro U.K.)
Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for petitions, news and updates!
Love is the cure! Pick your favorite color and design here.
Your purchase helps support the continuation of this site. Thank you! Find more styles at our store here.
I prefer dogs to people #dontjudge Pick your favorite color and style at this link! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!
Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here.