A Pomeranian named “Diffy” lost his ear after having an allergic reaction to having his fur dyed red in a grooming salon in Thailand. The dog had a “foil wrap” on his ears and his tail.
According to Metro, Diffy’s owner had taken her dog to the salon in Hua Hin and asked that her pup’s ear and tail be colored from its natural tawny shade. Within 40 minutes, the dog came out with bright red ears and tail, but instead of the natural lift to Diffy’s ears, they were droopy. Workers at the salon said his ears would rise again in a few days, but instead the little pooch had a bad reaction to the dye.
Within hours of the salon dye job, Diffy began to scratch constantly as the skin continued to flake. The owner then posted online asking for help, but the angry backlash for the inane and heartless procedure earned the woman “irresponsible” names and criticism.
“Before the dye, my dog’s ears were up. But after I went to the pet store and the dog stylist coloured his ear with aluminum foil for 40 minutes without heat, I took him home and his ears turned out like this. They were folded down. The stylist said that I have to wait for two or three days and his ears will recover. Has anybody experienced this before?”
Just days later, Diffy’s left ear fell off.
“…The pet groomer put too much dye on him. My dog’s ear was itchy, burnt, turned black, cracked and eventually fell off. I don’t blame the grooming store but I blame myself for wanting to have his ears dyed,” the woman posted.
Experts weighing in have condemned the owner’s decision and have stated the salon used human dye on the dog. Dog owners should know their canine pals are not fashion accessories.
Poor little Diffy had to become a victim of a stupid owner.
Enter Rescue10 at checkout for a 10% discount! Your purchase helps support our writing efforts.
I’ll save you human!