A family in Pierce County, Washington, is reeling from the loss of their home, which was completely destroyed in a devastating fire on Saturday night. As reported by KIRO News, it is the loss of the Sulzle family’s dog, Espe, which hurts the most.
Darren Sulzle was in tears when he told the news agency about the loss of the family’s beloved dog, “Everything else can be replaced, but…”
Espe was inside of the residence while Darren Sulzle was shopping at a grocery store – a neighbor phoned with the terrible news and Sulzle dropped everything to rush home. Tragically it was too late to save Espe, or anything inside of the home. Sulzle told KIRO that his family has been left with nothing aside from the clothes on their backs.
A fundraiser has been established to help the family get back on their feet. The family’s daughter, who set up the fundraiser, writes:
My mom, stepdad, and 2 younger brothers are safe and unharmed, 1 of their 2 dogs got out but sadly the other one ran back in and got trapped. We are heartbroken and definitely still in shock. They need help. They have literally nothing left and no long term place to stay. Please send prayers and If anybody can help in any way it would be truly, truly appreciated.
You can learn more about helping them at this link to GoFundMe.
(images via GoFundMe and Kiro)
Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for petitions, news and updates!
I prefer dogs to people #dontjudge Pick your favorite color and style at this link! Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!
Help support the continuation of this site AND spread the word – Pets are not disposable!! Find your favorite color and style here.
I survived loving a foster dog until a furever home was found – share the message with this one of a kind shirt! Pick your favorite style and color at this link.
Your purchase helps spread an important message AND supports the continuation of this site.