Clever dog opened window during fire

Clever dog helped save himself from an apartment fire

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

A clever dog, capable of a slew of cute tricks, managed to do something that helped save him from a fire at a New York apartment. As reported by KMOV News, Scotch was home alone when a fire broke out at the Tudor City Place Apartment last week.

It was Wednesday morning when the fire started in the kitchen…but Scotch made his way to a window, opened the latch and stuck his head outside. An alert neighbor noticed Scotch…and the smoke, and the fire department was notified.

Clever dog

Help arrived shortly thereafter and Scotch was whisked away to safety. His adoring owner, Susan Capozzoli, isn’t surprised by her dog’s cleverness – she told the news agency, “He opened the window,I swear to god if he knew how to use the phone he would have called me and told me there was a fire.”

The pair have been displaced by the fire damage, but they are safe and together.

(Screenshots via KMOV)

Not just a pet – family! Choose your favorite style here.

Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!

Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for petitions, news and updates!

HempMy Pet provides human-grade CBD Hemp for Pets

Enter Rescue10 at checkout for a 10% discount!

Learn more about choosing a quality CBD product for your pet at this link.


3 replies
  1. Pennysdachshunds says:

    IT ALL TURNED OUT OK!!! My biggest worry is fire and we have a Dog Door that we Leave open every time we Leave Or We Don’t Leave if it is too Cold to Do So!!!! AMEN!!!!!

  2. Jan Barnes says:

    If only all humans could be as smart and loving as DOGS! What a different world this would be!

    I bet if this little family started a GoFundMe page they would get a lot of donations!

  3. Barkley's Mom says:

    As a pet owner, I always worry about something like this happening. As cautious as you might be an accident can happen and turn to tragedy. I’m so glad Susan Capozzoli and Scotch are all right.


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.