Puppy dies from vape items

A dog owner’s heartbreak and warning after puppy dies from eating vape juice

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

A tragic accident led to the unexpected demise of a family’s beloved puppy and the dog owner has shared her story in order to prevent another pet parent from the same heartbreak. On Sunday, Facebook user Katie Baars recounted how her Saint Bernard, Molly, succumbed to the poisonous effect of vape juice and a Juul pod.

Baars writes:

I know most of us have dogs and other pets and I wanted to post this to help save lives of pets so people are aware of the dangers of vaping equipment and pets. I just lost my Saint Bernard puppy yesterday. She had eaten a juul pod and chewed a bottle of vape juice.

Unbeknownst to Baars, her 17-year-old child had vaping paraphernalia hidden under the couch in the house. Tragically, it was Molly who found the deadly items. Baars describes the symptoms the 12-week-old puppy exhibited:

Molly presented Friday night with a staggered gait and weakness. We rushed her to the vet on the way developed problems breathing. When we arrived the seizures started. A few hours later at the vet she went into cardiac failure.

She explained how toxic these vaping items are to dogs:

While searching my home to find any possible thing she could have gotten I found the chewed items that I KNOW were not there the day before. There is no antidote for this stuff. Only supportive treatment. It’s extremely toxic even in small amounts. Plus the flavors often attract pets to it.

Baars hopes that by sharing her tragedy, another dog might be spared. She writes:

I hope in her tragic untimely death her story can create awareness on the dangers of this stuff. I have made this shareable so please feel free to do so.

(Image via Facebook)

Follow the National Animal News Facebook page for petitions, news and updates!

Fight this abuse! Donate Now

There is no us. There is no them. We are one! Find your favorite style at this link.

Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!

Some may believe that fostering is just “too hard,” but the pay off is incredible! Spread the word, you can survive fostering, and save a life in the process! This beautiful design reads, “I survived loving a foster dog until a furever home was found” #Youcantoo

Click here to find your favorite shirt style!

Your purchase helps support the continuation of our site. More styles and messages at our store. Please click here to find them all!

Temper tantrum!

4 replies
  1. Barkley's Mom says:

    How sad to lose your puppy like this because of a nasty habit and someone’s irresponsibility! I hope the 17 year old has learned a lesson from this. Rest in peace Molly, so sorry your life ended like this.

  2. Taylor says:

    Sounds to me like Katie needs to look in the mirror as to why her 17 year-old is so irresponsible. She and the kid should be charge with killing their damn dog.


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *