A devastated family in New Boston, Texas is trying to come to terms with the tragic death of their ten-year-child whose parents say she was electrocuted while rescuing kittens behind the clothes dryer in their rented home.
First responders arrived at the home on Saturday after Greenlee Marie was shocked while trying to get the kittens from behind the dryer. Paramedics performed lifesaving CPR on Greenlee until they reached the hospital where the child was pronounced dead.
According to the Dallas News, Chief Gary McCrary stated the investigation is currently ongoing, but it was too early to place blame although the home had electrical issues in the past according to other reports and statements. The family had been renting the home for 15 months.
“She’s a beautiful soul. She had more compassion in her at 10 years old than most adults do,” wrote her mother, Shelby Roos, on Facebook. “She loved her babies and she would do anything for them.”
“Her whole life she had enjoyed helping those less fortunate than herself, and had always planned when she was older to become a veterinarian and to help rescue more animals,” Greenlee’s mom added.
The little girl’s dad Scott Hendrix is still trying to understand how his child could have died inside of their home.
“With the heaviest of hearts I want to tell y’all our Greenlee was tragically taken from us Sat night. She was such a light in this world and everyone she ever met couldn’t help but fall in love with her. She had more compassion for everything living at 10 years old than most will have in a lifetime. Please pray for us as we try to find sence(sic) in the senseless. I ask that everyone please continue to respect our privacy in not posting details. I will update everyone as soon as I have more info. Please hug all your babies tight because tomorrow is truly never promised. And take peace in the fact that she is in heaven getting love from all the animals she loved with her whole heart.”
A GoFundMe has been set up to raise money for the community animals Greenlee hoped to help as a veterinarian.
“It was something even at 10 years old she was so passionate about,” Roos said. “I want to honor her that way.”
Rest in peace beautiful little child. You will be missed.
(Photos via Facebook)
More news and updates on the National Pet Rescue Facebook page.
Woman mourning loss of dog who was shot and killed by police – read more here.
Dog died inside of parked SUV while owners dined at nearby sports bar – read more here.
Our site is supported by stories from Shared.com
Dying man’s wish to find a home for his beloved dogs – read the story here.
Woman horrified by house infestation after walking in the park with her dog – read more here.