It has happened yet again – another dog has died from heat stroke after being left unattended in a car. This particular incident happened in Niles, Ohio, and a man is facing felony animal cruelty charges as a result.
The man behind the cruel deed
According to the Niles Police Department, 37-year-old Johnnie B. Murray, Jr. is facing the felony cruelty charge for leaving his dog to die inside of the parked car. In a Facebook post, the police department recounted what happened:
On Friday, June 29, Officers responded to a report of a dog being left outside without, water or shelter from the sun/heat. Upon arriving, officers found the dog had already passed away. Tests by a local veterinary hospital confirmed the dog passed away from heat stroke.
Dogs and parked cars don’t mix
Every summer, warnings are issued to pet owners to leave their companions at home, but each year, there is report after report of dogs dying inside of parked cars. The interior temperature of a vehicle climbs incredibly fast, and cracked windows do little to nothing to keep a dog comfortable or safe. If you see a pet trapped inside of a car, call the authorities for help. Be sure to visit nearby businesses to see if the owner of the vehicle can be found. In many states, it is okay to break out a window to free a dog who is in distress – learn the law for your particular state.
More news and updates on the National Animal News Facebook page.
Dog injured protecting owner from deadly snake on hike – read more here.
After nearly 2 years, volunteer favorite is on death row – read more about this handsome boy here.
Our site is supported by stories from Shared.com
American hunter faces backlash after posting photo of dead giraffe – read more here.
Koko the gorilla’s message to humankind – read it here.