Family’s pit bull a hero – saving them from carbon monoxide poisoning

Family's pit bull is a hero
Spread the love

A family in Lakeview, New York, is calling their pit bull a hero after she saved them from carbon monoxide poisoning. According to WIVB News, it was Thursday night when Ruby uncharacteristically started barking…and she wouldn’t stop.

Ruby’s owner, Ronene Ando, told WIVB, “Typically she only barks for one reason, and that’s if someone is at the door.” The incessant barking was enough for Ando and her husband to investigate – sure enough, there was a problem.

A propane heater recently placed in the basement turned out to be the source of the problem – thanks to Ruby, a well trained (and obviously intuitive!) therapy dog, a crisis was avoided. Ando said, “Probably if it weren’t for Ruby, I can’t say, I don’t know. Dogs are typically intuitive. I believe that breed is even more so with all the research I’ve done, and I think that was it hands down.”

 Good girl Ruby!

More news and updates at the National Animal News Facebook page

Continue reading: Injured, senior dog left on mountain by owner has died

Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you have to do more than just “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your favorites among those to “see first.”

Dog gnawed off own leg to free himself!


70-yr-old woman upset that rescue group wouldn’t allow her to adopt a puppy


Spread the love


  1. ▀██▀─▄███▄─▀██─██▀██▀▀█

  2. To all those who are under the false impression that pit bulls are dangerous, here is a prime example of what a loyal wonderful breed they really are. Loyal, loving and faithful companions. Humans are the ONLY dangerous species.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here