A family in Hutchinson, Kansas, lost everything in a devastating house fire on Sunday morning. But thanks to their young dog Buster, they were able to escape with their lives. Sarah Potter is hailing her dog a hero for his efforts to wake her up as the fire destroyed their home – she told KSN News, “I’d never knew the dog would save my life. He literally saved me and my family’s life from a fire.”
Brave dog Buster
Sarah was sound asleep when the fire broke out in her house. Had it not been for one-year-old Buster’s persistence, she may not have had the chance to rescue her daughter and get out of the burning home. She told the news agency how her dog alerted her, “I was napping on the couch and heard him bark.” And what she saw after she woke up, “I went to the back part of the house, and the whole back end of my house was just on fire.” Add, “There were flames all around the ceiling, walls and floor.”
Family lost everything
The blaze didn’t claim the Potter family’s life, but it destroyed their home and all of their belongings – even the Christmas presents which had been purchased. A fundraiser has been set up to help the family get back on their feet. Find the GoFundMe account here.
(screenshot via KSN News)
More news, updates, funny videos and memes on the National Animal News Facebook page.
Yesterday: Couple identified as owners of dog who was abandoned in the cold have been busted – more here.
Recently in the news: Considering CBD for your pet? Know what to look for (and what to avoid)!
Enter Rescue10 at checkout for a 10% discount! Your purchase helps support our writing efforts.
Who says cats don’t like water?!