Christmas came early to a family in Kansas City, Missouri, whose dog suffered a medical emergency last week. According to KCTV 5 News, the Hibbs’ family dog, Zeus, showed signs of a problem last week – the dog was not himself and seemed out of sorts.
Zeus was taken to the Independence Animal Hospital where staff determined that he had swallowed part of a rope chew toy and needed to undergo emergency surgery to save his life. Zeus’ family had enough money for the deposit, but they were unsure where the remainder of the funds would come from.
As it turns out, the veterinary hospital took care of the problem. Katlyn Hibbs told KCTV about the wonderful thing that happened when she went to pay:
“I walked up to the counter, and this lady at the counter says, here’s your receipt…Merry Christmas! They saved our dog and they helped pay the bill.”
The act of kindness came at just the right time. Katlyn hopes that someday she is able to return the favor to someone else who is in need.
(Screenshot of family dog via KCTV 5 News)
More news and updates on the National Animal News Facebook page
Interested in more positive, heartwarming stories? Please follow the Positive Pet Rescue Report Facebook page