A mother is heartbroken after her son was electrocuted in the Texas floodwaters trying to save his sister’s cat. Andrew Pasek, 25, had been with his friend on Tuesday afternoon in Bear Creek Village on their way to feed his sister’s cat. As the men waded through the knee-deep water, they came close to a light pole – they were not aware it was electrified.
According to Inside Edition, as Pasek felt the electrical current surge through his body, he told his friend not to touch him:
“He told Sean, ‘Don’t touch me, go away! I’m dying,'” stated his devastated mother, Jodell Pasek. “Sean ran across the street as much as he could to get out of that water.”
No one could rescue Andrew for more than an hour until the power had been switched off in the neighborhood.
“They could not save him or try and resuscitate him because of the electricity in the water,” Jodell explained.
Tragically Andrew wasn’t the only life lost due to live electric waters carrying their deadly powers. Five men and two journalists died during a rescue mission when their boat lost power. As they drifted towards downed wires sparking in the water, they jumped out thinking they could save themselves. Two of the men were electrocuted and two other men are still listed as missing. The survivor held on to a tree for hours until he was lucky enough to have been rescued.
Jodell hopes to warn others about the dangers – hoping to save other lives. Warning signs that there is a live current in the water include a buzzing noise or feeling a slight tingling while in the water. Experts warn everyone to get out of the water!
Rest in peace Andrew.
Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook.
Photo via Facebook