In Washington, D.C. firemen and emergency rescue personnel rescued a dog from a burning house on Monday afternoon. The large three-year-old Italian sheepdog named Cesare, had become trapped in the two story home located on Kingle Street in northwest Washington.
According to WjlaNews, the rescuers began life saving efforts at the scene to get Cesare breathing. He was then transferred to Friendship Animal Hospital where he has been listed in critical condition. One firefighter suffered a minor bite while helping the dog. Firefighters are hoping Cesare survives after he was found unconscious in the smoky kitchen.
“We rushed him out to the backyard and began resuscitation efforts,” stated Vito Maggiolo, spokesperson for DC Fire/EMS.
The Washington News reports the dog had been exposed to a lot of heavy smoke. Cesare was administered first aid to reverse the effects of carbon dioxide poisoning; the Cyanokit is used on humans and dogs. At this time, the dog has been undergoing oxygen therapy. His owner, Peter Garrett thanked the firefighters in a tweet.
“A lot of people have pets – people care for their pets. So we try to treat their pets with as much care as we would a citizen,” stated Maggiolo.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Cesare. (Photos of dog rescued from burning house via the DC Fire/EMS)
Follow the National Pet Rescue on Facebook.
Watch video here:
DOG RESCUED: D.C. firefighters came together to resuscitate a 3-year-old dog injured in a house fire. Once they got him breathing again, the firefighters carried the pet to a vehicle where he was transported to a nearby animal hospital. (Video: DC Fire And EMS)STORY: http://bit.ly/2iArOrZ
Posted by Fox 5 DC on Monday, January 16, 2017