An investigation is underway after a baby boy died in Crosby Township, Ohio. According to Cinncinati.com, the two-month-old baby boy died overnight – his mother claims that the infant suffocated when the family dog sat on him.
The infant has been identified as Haze Goins – he was pronounced dead after being taken to an area hospital. It was the baby’s mother who frantically phoned 9-1-1 just after 3 a.m. to report that the baby was blue and not breathing.
According to the mom, who is not identified, the dog, identified as a possibly pregnant pit bull mix, sat on the infant and caused him to stop breathing. The dog has been taken to the SPCA Cincinnati where she will undergo a veterinary exam.
Mike Retzlaff, vice president of operations at the animal shelter, stated, “Our officer said it was a little skittish, scared, not knowing was going on. It was not aggressive at all.”
(Stock image via Pixabay)
More news and updates at the National Animal News Facebook page
Did you know that if you want to get updates from a Facebook page, you need to do more than “like” it? To get recent postings in your Facebook feed, you must also hover your mouse over the word “following” and then click “see first” from the drop-down menu. You may want to check back with your favorite pages on occasion because Facebook often changes your settings, no longer having your favorites among those to “see first.”