A family is mourning the unexpected death of their dog, who died while being cared for at a dog daycare in Tampa, Florida. According to ABC Action News, Mia Norton’s family left for a vacation and they entrusted the Lucky Dog Daycare with their four-year-old French Bulldog, Porscia.
Shortly after Porscia arrived, Norton received a call that she never could have imagined – Porscia had died after suffering heat stroke at the facility. Porscia’s temperature was 109-degrees when a veterinarian examined her…
Amazingly, Porscia isn’t the only victim of heat stroke at this same facility. In fact, she is the second dog to die from overheating at the facility in the past several weeks.
Owners at the facility have stated that employees on the day that Porscia died failed to follow protocol…and the French bulldog died as a result. Four managers have been fired from the business as a result of the dog’s tragic death.
Norton wonders if enough has been done to ensure that this will never happen to another dog.
(Screenshot via Action News)
Please subscribe (with your email address) to receive all of the latest animal-related news.
More news and updates at this link to National Animal News Facebook page – here.
Rescuers find seal choking on a lobster line – watch the dramatic video here.