Puppy ingested opioid

Curious puppy nearly died from opioid found on walk

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Get email updates when we post
Loading

A curious puppy is lucky to be alive after finding a carelessly discarded opioid in Andover, Massachusetts. The near-death encounter happened last week to a three-month-old yellow Labrador retriever named “Zoey,” reports the New York Post.

According to the puppy’s owner, Peter Thibault, the trouble began shortly after Zoey picked up a discarded pack of cigarettes. Thibault said that the puppy collapsed moments after picking up the pack and he had to carry her home – as her condition worsened, he rushed her to a veterinarian for urgent care.

The veterinarian decided to administer naloxone (sold under the brand name Narcon) to save little Zoey’s life. Thankfully, the life-saving drug, designed to block the effects of opioids, worked and Zoey’s life was spared.

In a sad sign of the times, the veterinarian who treated the puppy stated that it was not the first time that a dog had to be saved from an opioid.

(Image via Pixabay)

New Today:

More news and updates at the National Animal News Facebook page

Amazing! Women and their dogs found after 5 months drifting at sea

 


Cutest Halloween costume ever? You be the judge!

 

5 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *