A clever puppy managed to stay safe during a raging house fire in Apex, North Carolina. According to WFMY News, the gray and white pit bull puppy clawed a hole in a sofa and climbed inside of the upholstery to stay safe from the flames which were quickly spreading throughout the home.
The blaze took place on Friday afternoon – when firefighters with the Fairview Fire Department responded to the call, they were able to locate an adult dog, but the puppy was missing. After some searching, the resourceful puppy was located inside of a sofa – amazingly unharmed.
Never discount a dog’s ingenuity!
(Screenshot via WFMY News)
More news and updates at this link to National Animal News Facebook page – here.