A tragedy was narrowly averted for 14 dogs who were in a play yard at a Friendswood, Texas, dog daycare. According to Monday’s KHOU News, the dogs were being cared for at the Gimmie A Bark Dog Daycare when they encountered a large quantity of rat poison that someone had thrown over a fence and into the play yard.
The terrifying incident took place on November 29 – business owner Renee McLoughlin told KHOU of her anger over the cruel deed, “I know a lot of people would like to rip them limb from limb. I mean, who would do this?”
Fortunately, the keen eye of an employee caught sight of the deadly green pellets and in short order, all 14 dogs were rushed to a nearby veterinary hospital where vomiting was induced. It turns out that four of the dogs had ingested the deadly poison, but the prompt veterinary attention resulted in every dog being saved.
A sizable reward of $5,500 has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for the cruel act. Anyone with information is asked to call the Friendswood Police Department or Gimmie a Bark at 281-482-1911.