Dog at daycare nearly dies after eating bag of heroin

Spread the love

A dog nearly died this week after eating a bag of heroin that was thrown over a fence into a doggy daycare in Denver, Colorado. The bizarre situation happened on Tuesday after a suspected drug dealer hurled 17 bags of the toxic drugs into the play yard at the Bark and Play off of Santa Fe Drive.

Before staff realized what had happened, one hungry golden retriever devoured the baggie of drugs – and she nearly died as a result. The dog, named “Charlie,” consumed an entire bag – her owner, Laura, told the Denver Channel about the call that she received from staff at the dog daycare – she was told:

“She’s high on heroin. We’re treating her but you need to come as soon as you can.”


Charlie was saved thanks to the quick action taken by daycare employees who rushed her to a veterinarian – at the veterinary hospital she was treated with Narcan and charcoal. The treatment worked, but Charlie is still sluggish after the frightening ordeal.

The person who tossed the drugs over the fence has not yet been identified – the suspect was being chased by the authorities when the drugs were thrown into the daycare play yard.


Spread the love


  1. Thankfully The DOGGIE DAY CARE WORKERS HAD “THEIR POOP IN A GROUP” sought out Emergency Care immediately and Saved this little Love Bug!!! This is the way ALL DOGGIE DAY CARES SHOULD BE!!!!

  2. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your blog posts.

    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?

  3. Yeah so I thought that was pretty funny of throwing heroin into the dog spin let’s see if you like my humor take to f****** large needles filled with sulfuric acid and driving right through your f****** eyes to your brain f****** piece of s***


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here