Puppy ingested heroin

Couple facing charges after pup ingests deadly heroin

Spread the love
Get email updates when we post

An Ohio couple is facing charges after their pit bull puppy “accidentally” ingested heroin. On Wednesday, the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center released information about the frightening incident which impacted the pup, dubbed “Diesel.”

The animal welfare agency wrote:

The Montgomery County Animal Resource Center seized “Diesel,” a Pit bull puppy, on November 25, 2016 from Med Vet Dayton where the dog had been presented suffering from “accidental heroin ingestion.”

Diesel’s owners relinquished custody and the puppy has been receiving care and treatment since the time that the drug was ingested – according to the agency, David Bendig and Melissa Myers are each facing charges of Cruelty to Animals 959.131(B) 1st Degree Misdemeanor and Cruelty to Animals 959.131(C2) 2nd Degree Misdemeanor.

Diesel will remain in the custody of the animal welfare agency until the seizure hearing on December 27 – he is currently not available for adoption.


3 replies
  1. lilsdad73 says:

    I hope you get well soon Diesel and feel so much better, you should never have been put in such a vulnerable position! More information about what happened would be interesting, not that it makes much of a difference now to this poor baby of course!


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.